Tired? Tired? Tired? You may be Iron Deficient!
Why do so many of us constantly feel tired or fatigued? Perhaps we are one of many suffering from iron deficiency – the single most prevalent nutrient deficiency worldwide. In fact, iron deficiency is the leading cause of fatigue among women between the time of menstruation and menopause (it is estimated that up to 26% of reproductive aged women are iron deficient). Adolescents and women of childbearing age need to regularly replace the iron that is eliminated through monthly blood loss. Demand during pregnancy also increases as iron is needed for proper placenta development and prevention of pre-term and low birth weight babies. In children and teenagers, a lack of iron is common due to poor eating habits, stress and growth spurts, and could influence behavior, learning ability and overall health. Endurance athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat and the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased stamina.
Iron is an essential element for the body. It combines with copper and protein to make hemoglobin, a major component of red blood cells which transports oxygen from the lungs to all the tissues of the body. Iron is also needed throughout the body for adenosine triphosphate production (ATP). ATP is required for cellular energy and proper cell function. When iron is low, ATP production drops and energy levels decrease as a result.
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency include:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Pale skin
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Brittle hair and nails
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Decreased ability to exercise
- Poor concentration
- Rapid pulse
- Susceptibility to infections
- Dizziness or faintness
- Cold extremities
Although it is readily found in nature, iron is poorly absorbed and Floradix Iron & Herbs is specially designed to support healthy iron levels due to its maximum absorption ability.*
- A safe, low dose, organic liquid iron supplement
- Contains highly soluble iron gluconate as well as herbal extracts, whole food concentrates and co-factors vitamins B and C
- Fast, easy assimilation
- Free of additives, alcohol, preservatives, GMO and lactose
- Certified Kosher
- Packaged in environmentally-friendly glass bottles
- Gentle on the digestive tract and non-constipating
- Ideal for vegetarians
- Recommended by naturopaths and midwives
- Today Floradix Iron & Herbs is the best-selling natural liquid iron supplement in North America
- Floradix Iron & Herbs has been clinically proven to effectively normalize low iron levels*
- Each 20 ml serving satisfies the RDA for women of childbearing age*
- Promotes the formation of healthy red blood cells*
- Beneficial for pregnant and lactating women, athletes, the elderly and vegetarians*
Not Intended As Medical Advice.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.